Welcome to our website! As an advocate for transparency, Fairfood aims to be as transparent as possible in the way business is handled; we also worry for your virtual safety as a visitor of our website. Needless to say: Fairfood takes the privacy legislation quite seriously. Therefore, we want to explain in detail below what this legislation entails for the both of us.
Everything you read next applies to all information, recommendations, documents, and services of Fairfood.
1. ABOUT US
A little bit about us: we are the Fairfood International Foundation, commonly known as Fairfood. You can find us at Mauritskade 64, 1092 AD, Amsterdam. On working days, we can be reached by phone (during office hours) on +31 6 16557605. Of course, we are also reachable through our e-mail email@example.com. Our organisation is registered at the Chamber of Commerce under the following number: 34141098.
The Fairfood website is constantly updated with new information, and although Fairfood always tries to bring accurate information to the table, we cannot guarantee that all information is always correct, complete and current. Of course, there is one exception: Fairfood’s annual reports. While the annual reports are legally valid, no rights can be derived from all other information that is to be found on the Fairfood website.
2. ABOUT LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE
On our website, you will also find links to external websites and providers. Fairfood is not liable for the use or content of sites referred to or for providers which are linked to the website’s content.
3. ABOUT COPYRIGHTS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The copyright of everything that you read and see on this website is the property of Fairfood or from third parties from whom we have received explicit permission to use their images or text. Therefore, it is not allowed to copy or make (visual) material from our website (or parts thereof) public without having asked for prior permission.
4. ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
At Fairfood we attach great importance to the protection of your personal data and therefore, we handle your data with the utmost care. Fairfood adheres to the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. This means the following:
- Your personal data is processed in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided.
- We only use and process the data to the most minimal extent to which they are necessary and for the purposes to which the information was provided and/or processed.
- We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data.
- Your personal data shall never be passed on to third parties unless this is necessary for the execution of the purposes for which they were provided.
- We are aware of and respect your rights regarding your personal data.
- When you visit our website, your IP address is registered by Google Analytics. In this way, we gain insight into how the website is used. So, we can improve where necessary.
5. REASONS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
Fairfood can request and/or process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To be able to send you newsletters and invitations
- To measure the use of our website through Google Analytics
In order to send those newsletters and/or invitations, we may request the following personal data from you, which you only provide with your explicit permission: first name, last name, email address, and telephone number.
6. ABOUT ANY PROVISION TO THIRD PARTIES
The data you provide to us is in principle intended for the Fairfood organisation, but can be provided to third parties in the exceptional case that this is necessary for the implementation of the purposes described above.
7. ABOUT STORAGE PERIOD
Fairfood does not store personal data any longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or required by law. Of course, you can always explicitly indicate that your data must be deleted or changed. For this matter, we ask you to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. ABOUT OUR SECURITY
We have taken technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal data is protected against unlawful processing. We are talking about the following measures:
- Everyone who can access your data on behalf of Fairfood is contractually bound to maintain its confidentiality.
- We use a username and password across all our systems.
- We have internally informed everyone about the importance of protecting personal data.
9. ABOUT COMPLAINTS
We hope not, yet if you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also submit a request and view, change or delete the personal data that we have about you. Again: this can be done via email@example.com or +31 6 16557605 (for the latter, you can only expect a reply on working days during office hours). Of course, you always have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority – the supervisory authority in the field of privacy.