Programme manager digital innovation
Fairfood is looking for a well-rounded programme manager. Someone who is passionate about food and solutions that offer the people producing our food new means to arrive at living wages or living incomes.
Fairfood envisions a world where everyone enjoys eating good food. A world in which the people who produce our food can live in dignity and in which food is being produced with respect for the planet.
It is our mission to accelerate the change towards a sustainable food system. Our organisation is optimistic, pragmatic, innovative and informal, with a healthy dose of idealism. Founded in the year 2000, Fairfood offers innovative solutions that enable agri-food companies to improve their responsible business practices. Open and attainable solutions that are designed to democratise the world of food. We actively engage all value chain actors involved, aiming to contribute to the socio-economic prosperity of smallholder farmers and food workers. Fairfood invests in partnerships to jointly realise a sustainable food system.
Your work consists of
Your main objective will be to keep sustainable development and digital innovation aligned in the coming years. You are responsible for successfully running the operations unit of Fairfood. You develop new strategies contributing to the overall objectives of Fairfood and help create new partnerships. You lead partner programmes, contribute to business development, and optimize the internal operations.
- Programme management: development and implementation of multi-stakeholder projects, risk & impact assessments, project & stakeholder management, evaluation & reporting, co-creating new solutions together with our team of researchers and developers.
- Business development: create new alliances and long-term partnerships with donors, companies, governments, NGOs, and knowledge institutes. Coalition building and proposal writing.
- Operational development: a team coordinator with operational excellence in project management, tooling, and effective ways of working for the Fairfood organisation.
- Knowledge sharing: showcasing and sharing the work of Fairfood on digital innovations, fair tech and data, responsible business practices and human rights. Lobby and advocacy through round tables, presentations and actively engaging in networking events amongst others.
- You are a well-rounded and solution-driven professional, passionate about ‘technology for good for food’
- You have extensive experience in programme and project management, digital innovation and smallholder farmers and workers inclusion in the context of international trade. You like connecting people and organisations to achieve ambitious goals
- You feel comfortable with working in a small organisation and with leading multidisciplinary teams while creating new initiatives and partnerships
- You have experience in leading teams to get more effective with project management methods, such as Agile, Scrum, LEAN
- You have a strong academic background in agriculture, digital innovation, sustainability, and trade
- Your personality type is characterised by words like ‘precise’, ‘deliberate’, ‘questioning’, ‘determined’, ‘purposeful’. In personality colours you are more blue and red
- You have 10 years progressive experience, proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills
- Full professional fluency in English required; Dutch, Spanish and French are an asset
- You are based around Amsterdam, available for 32-36 hours/week and ready to travel
We offer a market conform salary based on experience. For any questions about this vacancy, please contact Sander de Jong: +31 6 11 92 92 47, firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are invited to apply before June 30. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or fill out the form below.
Recruitment agencies are asked to refrain from approaching Fairfood about this or any other vacancy.