Project manager digital value chains
We are looking for a new colleague! A project manager with a solid knowledge of digitalisation in food value chains, that is. Someone who is passionate about food and solutions that offer the people producing that food new means to arrive at living wages or incomes.
Fairfood envisions a world in which each and every one of us gets to enjoy actual good food – that is including the people producing that food. In our ideal world, they can live their life in dignity, with all the right means to contribute to food production that is benefitting their communities and the planet.
It is our mission to accelerate the change towards this sustainable food system, using smart innovations. Our organisation is optimistic, pragmatic, innovative and informal, with a healthy dose of idealism.
Founded in the year 2000, Fairfood offers innovative solutions that enable agri-food companies to improve their responsible business practices. Open solutions that are designed to democratise the world of food. We actively engage all value chain actors involved, aiming to contribute to the socio-economic prosperity of smallholder farmers and food workers. Fairfood invests in partnerships to jointly realise a sustainable food system.
Your work consists of…
Sounds good, right? You can contribute to this mission in the role of project manager digital value chains. In this role, your main objective will be to successfully develop and implement our multi-stakeholder projects. You are responsible for successfully running these projects from A to Z, and will create new alliances contributing to the overall objectives of Fairfood. You lead partner negotiations, coordinate effective and timely inputs of team members as well as partners, and prepare technical and financial proposals for submission. Listing your main responsibilities:
- Project management: development and implementation of multi-stakeholder projects, risk & impact assessments, project & stakeholder management, evaluation & reporting, co-creating new solutions together with our team of researchers and developers. Mostly projects in public-private partnerships, proving the business case for better incomes with farm-to-fork traceability and transparency.
- Business development: create new alliances and long-term partnerships with donors, companies, governments, NGOs, and knowledge institutes. Coalition building and proposal writing.
- Advocacy and knowledge sharing: showcasing and sharing the work of Fairfood on responsible business practices, human rights, living wage and income, in which you are supported by our communications department. Lobby and advocacy through round tables, presentations and actively engaging in networking events amongst others.
Your work contributes to…
- International agri-food companies improving interaction with and transparency of their value chains;
- International agri-food companies improving their responsible business conduct from origin to the finished product;
- Farmer groups and cooperatives getting better access to information, markets and finance;
- Chain actors being advised about interventions that ensure inclusion and engagement of farmers and workers.
- You are a well-rounded and solution-driven professional, passionate about food and ‘technology for good’
- You are comfortable working both in the farm field, board room and everything in between
- You excel in management of digital value chain projects and have the ambition to manage more and larger projects in the years to come
- You have extensive experience in project management, digital innovation and smallholder farmers and workers inclusion in the context of international trade. You like connecting people and organisations to achieve ambitious goals
- You feel comfortable working in a small organisation, leading multidisciplinary teams while creating new initiatives and partnerships
- You are engaging and persuasive and know what it takes to get people to work with you
- You are driven by challenges, and by the idea of solving problems through creative solutions and innovations
- You have a strong academic background in agriculture, innovation, sustainability, and trade
- You have 10 years progressive experience, proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills
- You have experience in working with project management methods, such as Agile, Scrum, LEAN
- Full professional fluency in English required; Dutch, French, Spanish are an asset
- You are based in or around Amsterdam, available for 32 hours/week and ready to travel
Inclusivity is a core value of Fairfood’s work. To us, diversity and inclusion in our team, day-to-day work and solutions isn’t a choice; it’s essential. We’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion.
We offer a market conform salary based on experience. For any questions about this vacancy, please contact Sander de Jong: +31 6 11 92 92 47, firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are invited to apply before October 18. Please send your CV and cover letter to Mariana Broitman: email@example.com or fill the form below.
Recruitment agencies are asked to refrain from approaching Fairfood about this or any other vacancy.