Project manager Innovative Value Chains
Fairfood is looking for a well-rounded project manager. Someone who is passionate about food and solutions that offer the people producing our food new means to arrive at living wages or living incomes.
Fairfood envisions a world where everyone enjoys eating good food. A world in which the people who produce our food can live in dignity and in which food is being produced with respect for the planet.
It is our mission to accelerate the change towards a sustainable food system. Our organisation is optimistic, pragmatic, innovative and informal, with a healthy dose of idealism.
Founded in the year 2000, Fairfood offers innovative solutions that enable agri-food companies to improve their responsible business practices. Open and attainable solutions that are designed to democratise the world of food. We actively engage all value chain actors involved, aiming to contribute to the socio-economic prosperity of smallholder farmers and food workers. Fairfood invests in partnerships to jointly realise a sustainable food system.
Your work consists of
Your main objective will be to successfully run and grow the projects at Fairfood. Together with the management team and programme manager Value Chain Innovation you develop new business strategies and create new partnerships. You lead partner negotiations, coordinate effective and timely inputs of team members as well as partners, and prepare technical and financial proposals for submission.
- Project management: development and implementation of multi-stakeholder projects, risk & impact assessments, project & stakeholder management, evaluation & reporting, co-creating new solutions together with our team of researchers and developers
- Business development: create new alliances and partnerships for our solutions with companies, governments, NGO’s and knowledge institutes. Reaching out to current and new donors. Coalition building and proposal writing
- Operational development: develop operational excellence in project management, tooling and effective ways of working for the Fairfood organisation. Raising the bar in how we monitor and evaluate the inputs, outputs and impact of our projects
Your work contributes to
- international agri-food companies improving interaction with and transparency of their value chains;
- international agri-food companies improving their responsible business conduct from origin to the finished product;
- farmer groups and cooperatives getting better access to information, markets and finance;
- chain actors being advised about interventions that ensure inclusion and engagement of farmers and workers.
We offer a market conform salary based on experience. For any questions about this vacancy, please contact Sander de Jong: +31 6 11 92 92 47, firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are invited to apply before the 30th of November. Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or fill out the form below.
Recruitment agencies are asked to refrain from approaching Fairfood about this or any other vacancy.